Other Consular Services
1. The Birth Certificate can be provided to an MRP applicant or someone having a Bangladeshi passport but does not have Birth Certificate and intends to have it. In order to process Birth Registration by this Embassy and Permanent Mission, the following should be done:
2. Requirements for Birth Registration:
- Duly filled in Birth Registration form. Please click here to find the Birth Registration form.
You need to take a print out of the form and fill in the same manually.An applicant can apply online through http://bris.lgd.gov.bd/pub this website.
- Original Bangladeshi passport along with photocopy (page 1-7).
- One recent passport size photograph.
- As for child – (i) his/her detailed Birth Certificate issued by the local authorities (where parents name and details are included) and (ii) Parents’ Bangladeshi original passports along with photocopy.
3. Fee (non-refundable): £4.00.
4. Receiving of application: The application is received at the counter between 09:00 to 17:00 (Monday-Friday).
5. Processing time: The Birth Certificate for the MRP applicant will be provided along with the MRP. In case of others, the processing time for Birth Registration is 3-4 days.
6. Delivery time: Between 09:00 to 17:00 (Monday-Friday).