Other Consular Services
1. The Birth Certificate can be provided to an MRP applicant or someone having a Bangladeshi passport but does not have Birth Certificate and intends to have it. In order to process Birth Registration by this Embassy and Permanent Mission, the following should be done:
2. Requirements for Birth Registration:
- Duly filled in Birth Registration form. Please click here to find the Birth Registration form.
You need to take a print out of the form and fill in the same manually.An applicant can apply online through http://bris.lgd.gov.bd/pub this website.
- Original Bangladeshi passport along with photocopy (page 1-7).
- One recent passport size photograph.
- As for child – (i) his/her detailed Birth Certificate issued by the local authorities (where parents name and details are included) and (ii) Parents’ Bangladeshi original passports along with photocopy.
3. Fee (non-refundable): £4.00.
4. Receiving of application: The application is received at the counter between 09:00 to 17:00 (Monday-Friday).
5. Processing time: The Birth Certificate for the MRP applicant will be provided along with the MRP. In case of others, the processing time for Birth Registration is 3-4 days.
6. Delivery time: Between 09:00 to 17:00 (Monday-Friday).
Requirements for Death Certificate:
- Passport of the deceased person;
- 2(two) passport size photographs;
- Death/Medical certificate issued by local health authorities;
- Filled up Death Registration application Form; Please click here to find the Death Registration form.
- e. Fee: £ 4.00.
1. Power of Attorney should be processed in accordance with the laid down rules stated in ‘The Power of Attorney Act-2015’. Please click here for ‘The Power of Attorney Act-2015’.
2. Requirement for processing of Power of Attorney:
- Physical presence of the executant(s) at the Embassy and Permanent Mission to sign in front of the consular officer.
- (two) sets (one original and one photo copy) of unsigned Power of Attorney document completed as per the format (Schedule-Ka, Form-3). Please click for the BANGLA FORMAT or ENGLISH PROFORMA of POA.
- A valid Bangladeshi passport/Foreign passport with No Visa Required (NVR) of all executants.
- Two Copies of recent passport size photograph (colour photo with white background) for each of the executant(s) and attorney.
- If the deed is related to Land Property, then it is required to submit the copy of updated tax receipt (Dakhila) of respective land and update Record of Rights (Khatian/ Porcha)
- After signing the documents, you need to make a photocopy of the entire document and submit the same at Counter-4 of the consular section for onward submission to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA).
3. Attestation of Power of Attorney by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka:
The original and photo copy of Power of Attorney document must be attested by the MOFA, Dhaka within 2 months from the date of signing at the Embassy and Permanent Mission.
4. Fee (Non-refundable): £20.00.(per document) Please pay by Debit/Credit card. No Cheque and cash is acceptable.
5. Receiving time: Between 09:00 to 17:00 (Monday-Friday).
6. Delivery time: Same day delivery.
Note: Power of attorney is not permissible in case of divorce. We shall be able to attest the divorce paper only.
Please click here to book an appointment
1. What do we attest?
We attest different types of documents that include: educational certificates, mark sheets, transcripts, marriage certificate, birth/death certificate, marital status certificate, guardianship certificate, police clearance certificate, bank statements, translated documents, divorce paper etc. Power of Attorney documents can not be attested as per the instruction of the, ‘The Power of Attorney Act-2015.
2. Requirement for Attestation:
- a) The documents originated in Bangladesh must be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka while the documents originated in the Austria must be attested by FCO, Austria.
- b) For attestation of signature, the applicant must come in person with valid passport and a passport size photograph. There is a prescribe form for signature attestation and applicant needs to sign therein in front of the consular officer.
3. Fee (Non-refundable): £7.00. Please pay the fees by Debit/Credit card/ postal order / bank draft (payable to Bangladesh Embassy and Permanent Mission, Austria).
4. Receiving time: Between 09:00 to 17:00 (Monday-Friday).
5. Delivery time: Same day delivery
Note: Commercial documents are attested by Commercial wing of the Embassy and Permanent Mission.
The Police Clearance Certificate for the Bangladeshi citizens residing in abroad is issued from the respective Police Station in Bangladesh. The applicant can apply directly or through nominated relatives to the concerned police station of the permanent residence.
Requirement for Police Clearance Certificate:
- An application addressed to the Superintendent of Police or Police Commissioner of the concerned district (according to the permanent address of the applicant). A sample of the application is available here.
- A photocopy of passport duly attested by the consular officer of the Embassy and Permanent Mission, Austria. Applicant must submit the copies of passport that bears the particulars of the applicant. Expired passport will not be accepted.
- Main copy of treasury chalan worth Tk. 500 in favour of code 1-2201-0001-2681 from any branch of Bangladesh Bank/Sonali Bank (home and abroad).
- If necessary, the police authority may ask for additional documents.
Note: A further details on the Police Clearance Certificate is available here.
1. A Travel Permit is issued to a Bangladeshi citizen who does not possess a valid Bangladeshi Passport but intends to return to Bangladesh.
2. Requirements for Travel Permit:
- Duly filled in Travel Permit application form (please click here to find the form).
- Copy of previous passport.
- Digital Birth Certificate.
- Three passport size photographs.
- Physical presence of the applicant at the Embassy and Permanent Mission for an interview.
3. Fee (non-refundable): £25.00. Please pay by Debit/Credit card at the counter. No Cheque or cash is acceptable.
4. Receiving of application: The application is received at the counter between 10:00 am -1:00 pm (Monday-Friday) and between 10:00 am -12:30 pm (Friday).
5. Processing Time: At least 2-3 working days.
6. Delivery time: Between 2:30-4:00 pm (Monday –Friday).
Note: A Travel Permit is valid for 3 months only.