Foreign nationals require a valid visa to enter Bangladesh. The Bangladesh Embassy and Permanent Mission in Austria determines the type and category of visa and duration of stay upon receiving an application. The types and categories differ according to the purpose of visit, length of stay and bilateral arrangement with the country of the foreign national.
The only exceptions are Bangladesh origin foreign nationals (except SAARC countries), their children and spouse who are eligible to obtain No Visa Required (NVR) in their foreign passports to enter Bangladesh.
Visa by Post:
You may send your visa application by post along with passport and all other required documents mentioned in your respective visa category and a self-address written prepaid envelope. In order to obtain a visa by post, you must pay the visa fee by a postal order or bank draft in favor of Bangladesh Embassy and Permanent Mission, Austria and allow at least 07 (seven) working days after receiving the post.
1190 Vienna, Austria
Know Before You Apply For Visa
- Applicants must submit their visa applications with prior appointments only. In case the applicant is unable to submit his/her application in person, an authorized nominee can submit the visa application on the applicant’s behalf with an authorization letter. Please click here to download the authorization letter format. Applicants can also submit their applications online through https://www.visa.gov.bd/
- When applying for a visa, the validity of the Passport should be at least 6 months. The passport must have at least two blank pages and should not be Mutilated/damaged / tampered in any manner.
- Acceptance of visa application does not automatically guarantee grant of a visa. The visa application may be accepted, modified or refused by the Embassy and Permanent Mission in its full right. An incomplete application form or application with incorrect information or insufficient supporting papers may be rejected without citing any reason thereof. The Visa Fee is Non-refundable even if the visa is refused.
- Certain visa categories go through a closer examination requiring additional time to process. The Embassy and Permanent Mission reserves the right to withhold any application submitted for an in-depth examination. An applicant may be called for an interview if it is felt necessary by the visa-issuing officer.
- It is strongly advised that applicants do not make any travel arrangements before obtaining a Bangladesh visa. The Embassy and Permanent Mission of Bangladesh cannot, in any circumstance, be held responsible for any applications which are not completed in time for your intended date of departure.
- Bangladesh Visa application receiving time: Monday to Friday: 09.00 – 17.00 hrs.